An emerging voice on Motown Records, British singer-songwriter Tiana Major9 garnered widespread praise for 2019’s “Collide,” her Grammy-nominated Earthgang collaboration.
• Tiana Thomas-Ambersley was raised in Newham, East London. She comes from a Jamaican family and incorporates reggae into her music.
• Her stage name is a nod to her favorite type of chord, the major 9th, commonly used in jazz.
• In 2019, she self-released her six-song debut project, Rehearsal @ NINE.
• Tiana Major9 found breakthrough success with 2019’s “Collide,” a collaboration with the Atlanta hip-hop duo EarthGang. Appearing on the soundtrack for the film Queen & Slim, “Collide” was nominated for Best R&B Song at the 2021 Grammys.
• Tiana included “Collide” on her Motown Records debut, the 2020 double album Back at Sixes and Sevens. “Collide” spent 26 weeks on Billboard’s Adult R&B Airplay chart, peaking in the Top 10.
• She teamed up with Stormzy for 2019’s “Rainfall,” off the grime star’s album Heavy Is the Head.